The growing Youth Beef Show is back for another year at the Chesterville Fair. Starting at 11am on the Sunday of the fair, join as a participant or stop by the barn to watch, learn and support our region’s future farmers.
Participants: Download the Entry Form here.
Rules & Regulations
Any cattle other than those from a herd under quarantine are eligible to enter the show without restrictions. Any cattle exhibiting an illness may be asked to leave at the discretion of the Chesterville Agricultural Society.
- Open to all competitors 21 years of age and under as of January 1, 2019.
- All cattle must have a CCIA tag.
- Competitors age 10 years and over must be able to control their animal in the show ring on their own.
- Only cattle entered in the show will be allowed on the premises.
- All entries in the Purebred Heifer classes must have official registration papers and ear tattoos according to their Canadian Breed Associations.
- Substitutions will be allowed at the discretion of the committee. A committee member must be contacted prior to arrival.
- A minimum of 3 head of 1 breed are needed to make a class. If less than 3, the class will be combined at the committee’s discretion.
- All entries must be completed in AssistExpo or mailed in by August 23, 2019 to the Chesterville Agricultural Society, 13033 County Road 13, R. R. #1, Winchester, Ontario K0C 2K0. Late entries received after that time will be subject to an additional charge of $5.00 per animal.
- All exhibitors must have paid an entry fee to show.
- Due to traceability requirements you must submit the RFID number on the entry form.
- All cattle are to remain on the fairgrounds until 4:00 pm on the day of show. If any cattle are removed from the grounds before this time, all prize money will be forfeited.
- There is no restriction on multiple exhibits in any of the classes except showmanship.
- Arrival time for cattle will be after 7 am on Sunday August 25th.
- Any clipping, or fitting of animals must be done by a junior registered in the show.
- Exhibitors are responsible for their own feed and bedding.
- Proof of liability insurance (valued at 2 million) must accompany the entry form.
Showmanship (age as of January 1, 2019)
- PeeWee Ages 5-9
- Novice Ages 10-11
- Junior Ages 12-14
- Intermediate Ages 15-17
- Senior Ages 18-21
- Heifer Calf born after March 1, 2019
Must be a minimum of 3 months of age on the day of judging.
- Heifer Calf born Jan 1/18 to Feb 28/18
- Junior Yearling Heifer born March 1/17 to Dec. 31/17
- Senior Yearling Heifer born Jan 1/17 to Feb. 28/17
- Prospect Market Animal
Must be properly castrated.
- Supreme Female