Class 15: Goodwill
Download a PDF Version Here
See results here…
Ribbons will be awarded
Chair Person: All of us!
Open to individuals, members and non-members of the Chesterville and District Agricultural Society.
Each exhibitor must obtain an exhibitor number and complete and submit an entry form to the Secretary by Monday, August 19th for judgment on a minimum of one item per category.
- There is no entry fee required when entering either this Class and/or Class 11 ONLY.
- Exhibit will be judged on workmanship and neatness.
- All entries in this class become the property of the Chesterville and District Agricultural Society.
- All items will be donated to the various departments at the Winchester District Memorial Hospital (W.D.M.H.) or Dundas Manor.
- One entry per exhibitor for judging.
- TOUCH QUILTS for ALZHEIMER’S Patients
- These quilts will be donated to W.D.M.H. for patients with Alzheimers in our community.
- These are small quilts full of texture and activity – zippers, ribbons, buttons, etc.
- HATS for CHEMO Patients
- These hats will be donated to W.D.M.H. for CHEMO patients in our community.
- Patients who receive chemo treatments appreciate receiving free hats when they leave the hospital.
- Please help us with our goodwill gesture to provide these hats.
Each of these websites below has a variety of styles of hats for knitting, crochet or fabric:
- Newborn Baby Hats
- These hats will be donated to W.D.M.H. for newborn babies in our community.
- It is always best that new born babies go home with a hat.
- Please help us with our goodwill gesture to provide these hats. If you have no current pattern, below are few suggestions.
Regular Knitted Hat
What you need: Size 3 3/4 mm (4 U.S) needles Baby weight yarn
Pattern By: Lisa Vienneau, Nov 2000
Instructions Cast on 70 sts.
Work in garter st for 3/4″.
Next Row: (k4, inc 1 st in next st), repeat to the last 5 sts, k5. 83 sts. Continue garter st until piece measures 5″.
Start decreasing as follows:
Row1: K 10, k2tog repeat to last 11, k to end. 77sts Row 2 and every other row: Knit.
Row3: K2tog, k 10, repeat to last 5sts, k2tog, k to end. 70sts Row5: K6, k2tog repeat to last 6, knit to end. 62sts
Row7: K2tog, k 6, repeat to last 4sts, k to end. 54sts Row9: K4, k2tog. 45sts
Row11: K2tog, k4 repeat to last 3, k2tog, k last st. 37sts Row13: K2tog repeat to last st, k1. Repeat
Row 13 till 5sts remain. Break off yarn leaving enough to thread last 5 sts, And sew up back seam. Roll or Fold up brim.
Loom Knitted Hat
Each of these websites below has a variety of styles of hats for loom knitting.