Class 20: Goodwill and Specials
Chair Person: Lynn Marcellus
Prize Money: See categories below
Open to individuals, members and non-members of the Chesterville and District Agricultural Society.
Each exhibitor must obtain an exhibitor number and complete and submit an entry form to the Secretary for judgment on a minimum of one item per category.
- There is no entry fee required when entering either THIS CLASS and/or Class 12
- Exhibit will be judged on workmanship and neatness.
- All entries in this class become the property of the Chesterville and District Agricultural Society.
- All items will be donated to the various departments at the Winchester District Memorial Hospital or Dundas Manor.
- One entry per exhibitor for judging.
- TOUCH QUILTS for ALZHEIMER’S Patients
These are small quilts full of texture and activity – zippers, ribbons, buttons, etc.
These quilts will be donated to patients with Alzheimers in our community
- HATS for CHEMO Patients
Patients who receive chemo treatments appreciate receiving free hats when they leave the hospital. Please help us with our goodwill gesture to provide these hats.
Each of these websites below has a variety of styles of hats for knitting, crochet or fabric:
Prizes will be given to individual donating the most hats for either inside or outer wear.
Sponsored by Lynn Marcellus, Prize Money: 1st – $15.00, 2nd – $6.00, 3rd – $4.00
- Newborn Baby Hats
It is always best that new born babies go home with a hat.
Please help us with our goodwill gesture to provide these hats. If you have no current pattern, below are few suggestions.
Regular knitted hat
What you need: Size 3 3/4 mm (4 U.S) needles Baby weight yarn
Pattern By: Lisa Vienneau, Nov 2000
Instructions Cast on 70 sts.
Work in garter st for 3/4″.
Next Row: (k4, inc 1 st in next st), repeat to the last 5 sts, k5. 83 sts. Continue garter st until piece measures 5″.
Start decreasing as follows:
Row1: K 10, k2tog repeat to last 11, k to end. 77sts Row 2 and every other row: Knit.
Row3: K2tog, k 10, repeat to last 5sts, k2tog, k to end. 70sts Row5: K6, k2tog repeat to last 6, knit to end. 62sts
Row7: K2tog, k 6, repeat to last 4sts, k to end. 54sts Row9: K4, k2tog. 45sts
Row11: K2tog, k4 repeat to last 3, k2tog, k last st. 37sts Row13: K2tog repeat to last st, k1. Repeat
Row 13 till 5sts remain. Break off yarn leaving enough to thread last 5 sts, And sew up back seam. Roll or Fold up brim.
Loom Knitted hat
Each of these websites below has a variety of styles of hats for loom knitting
Marilyn Johnson Memorial
- If you love cats, then this is the place for you! Let your creativity shine through. If you have memories of Marilyn and her love of cats, please share them with us.
- Any handmade quilted item, with a cat theme
- Sponsored by Carolyn Goddard, Prize Money: 1st – $25.00, 2nd – $15.00, 3rd – $10.00