Class 7: Preserves
Download a PDF Version Here
See results here…
Prize Money: 1st – $5.00, 2nd – $4.00, 3rd – $3.00
Chair Person: Marie Claire van Wylick
Jams, jellies, pickles and relishes may be in 250 ml (1 cup) or 500 ml (2 cup) jars. All jars not properly sealed at the time of judging will be disqualified. There must be no rust on the jar lid. No commercial kits to be used. Pickles must be natural colour – NO FOOD COLOURING! NO RUSTED CAPS OR RINGS
- 1 rhubarb jam, plain
- 1 rhubarb jam with 1 other fruit, with attached recipe
- 1 strawberry jam, cooked
- 1 raspberry jam, cooked
- 1 peach jam, cooked
- 1 apple jelly
- 1 Jam not listed, named
- 1 jelly not listed, named
- 1 marmalade
- 1 peaches, canned
- 1 applesauce
- 1 corn relish
- 1 green cucumber relish
- 1 relish not listed, named
- 1 icicle pickles, NO food colouring added
- 1 dill cucumber pickles, plain or garlic, up to 1 litre/quart jar
- 1 bread and butter pickle
- 1 of any cucumber pickle not listed, named
- 1 beet pickles
- 1 salsa sauce
- 1 chili sauce
- 1 tomatoes, canned
- 1 tomato marmalade
- 1 zucchini relish
- 1 diabetic jam—any kind
NOTE: The Bernardin Grand Champion Jam & Jelly is Section 1 to 9 ONLY.
Country Fair Baking Contests
BERNARDIN – 2019 Home Canning Awards
Please visit: www.bernardin.ca
THERE ARE FOUR COMPETITION CATEGORIES:
- Bernardin Best of Show Award – 1st prize $30.00 Gift Certificate plus Rosette Prize Ribbon – Highest in Points Class 7, using Bernardin jars and lids
- Bernardin Jam/Jelly Award – 1st prize $20.00 Gift Certificate plus Rosette Prize Ribbon – Section 1 to 9 only.
- Bernardin Gift Pack Competition – 1st prize $20.00 Gift Certificate plus Rosette Prize Ribbon
- Bernardin SNAP Lid® / Mason Jar Creative Craft Award – 1st prize $20.00 Gift Certificate plus Rosette Prize Ribbon
- Use of Bernardin Mason Jar/Snap lid must accompany each entry, as proof of purchase. Bernardin Jam/Jelly award requires Bernardin Pectin package or UPC as proof of purchase
- All entries will be judged on appearance, texture, creativity of recipe and presentation. Decision of the fair judge(s) will be final.
- All first place winners must sign a release form giving the sponsor (Bernardin) permission to use, without payment, the winner’s name and/or photograph in any other advertising or publicity.
- Photo and itemized description of the contents is required for the gift pack contest.
- Photo is required for the creative craft contest.
- National Gift Pack contest prizes will be sent directly to the winners.
- Gift prizes, banners, rosette prize ribbons and other promotional giveaways will be sent 3 to 4 weeks prior to the start of the fair in our fair contest kit.